The Thimphu Tshechu, as all Tshechu festivals, honors Padma Sambhawa, also known as Guru Rimpoche.
The Thimphu Festival Tour is one of the grandest of Bhutan’s festivals and attracts the largest audience. Featuring dances performed by trained monks and laymen in amazing masks and costumes, Tsechus (festivals) are one of the best ways to experience the ancient living culture of Bhutan. A Tsechu is a Buddhist festival in honour of Guru Rimpoche, the saint who brought Buddhism to Bhutan.
Thimphu Festival Tour Itinerary:
- Day 1: Arrive Paro – Thimphu.
- Day 2: Thimphu Festival Tour & Sightseeing.
- Day 3: Attend Thimphu Festival – Punakha.
- Day 4: Punakha – Paro
- Day 5: Excursion to Haa Valley
- Day 6: Hike to Tiger’s Nest Monastery.
- Day 7: Depart from Paro.