Jomolhari trek, the most popular trek in Bhutan with altitude differences of 2,500m and nearly 5,000m (lowest and highest point of the route), it offers a wide range of landscape ,fauna and flora. The highlight of this trek is the spectacular view of Mount Jomolhari from Jomolhari Basecamp, Jangothang. Nearly the whole trek goes through a small part of the Jigme Singye National Park, passing a few of the Yak herder’s settlement and the remotest region of Lingshi.
Jomolhari Trek Itinerary:
- Day 1: Arrive Paro.
- Day 2: Hike to Taktsang Monastery.
- Day 3: Paro – Shana – Thang thangkha (Start of Jomolhari Trek)
- Day 4: Thangthangka – Jangothang
- Day 5: Jangothang – Lingshi
- Day 6: Lingshi – Shodu
- Day 7: Shodu – Barshong
- Day 8: Barshong – Dolamkencho
- Day 9: Dolamkencho – Dodena – Thimphu
- Day 10: Thimphu sightseeing
- Day 11: Depart